Throughout their lives your kids will have to communicate, persuade and present to other people, both professionally and socially. Many adults clam up when required to do such a thing, especially in front of audiences. But if you encourage your child to learn the many skills required for effective public speaking and presentations from a young age, and you make it fun, they will grow up to be confident communicators who can make a difference to their environment by using the right words at the right times to get the right things done.
Current Scenarios amongst Malaysian children
- Shy & Introverted
- Lack of self-confidence
- Lack of soft skills
- Afraid to speak in public
- Afraid to speak in English
- Feel insecure, or not as good as other kids
- Doubt their ability to do well at things
Academic achievement is not everything
Academic performance is not everything; interpersonal skills as well as the ability to think things through are equally important for them to be successful in life. Being intelligent is not enough. We need to be street smart too, which will require communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Straight A’s, first class honours or a CGPA of 4.0 does not guarantee you an employment anymore. In fact, company is looking for soft skills rather than technical skills right now!
Top reason for unemployment
“The earlier your child start improving their communication skills, the better it is for them to excel in their future…”
The competitive nature of the job market these day requires that your resume be as creative and unique as possible to catch the attention of your future. The earlier you kick start your child’s communication skills, the better it is.
Benefits of Public Speaking for KIDS
- Build self-confidence in a Child.
- Manage their fears in public speaking.
- Improve eye contact when speaking.
- Create confidence within themselves.
- Create a strong speech with a proper introduction, body and conclusion.
- Use correct posture that will exhibit confidence when presenting.
Find out more about our upcoming workshop for kids by clicking this link : “Soar on Stage“